This week in NDSA, Communications Chair Veronica Johnson will showcase the call for proposals for the MAA 2016 Session.
The Michigan Archival Association is holding its annual conference on June 16-17 in East Lansing, MI. They are currently asking for proposals for the conference.
Here are some of the suggested topics for the proposals:
- Administration, leadership, career development
- Archival outreach and giving institutional tours
- Arranging and describing analog (i.e., non-digital) collections
- Business archives
- Collection case studies
- Digitization projects
- Holdings protection and preservation
- Integrating archives into K-12 education/Common Core
- Social media strategy and assessment
- Working on budget: digitization, processes for productivity, etc.
For students who are interested in presenting at archival conferences, this would be a great opportunity and something cool to include on your resume.
The deadline for submissions is November 1.
For more information about the conference and proposals, check out the MAA website here.