We are holding Officer Elections soon!
If you’d like to run for a position, please fill out this form no later than this Friday, May 1st:
We will be having a meeting to elect new officers this Saturday, May 2nd, at 1:30pm! Connect to the meeting via this link: Adobe Connect Meeting Space
The positions that are opening up are: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Communications. For reference, the duties for each position are:
All officers’ duties:
- Attend Officers’ Meeting and General Meetings.
- Respond and answer e-mails concerning organizational business
- Participate in events and special projects
- Preside meetings of the NDSA student organization.
- Facilitate and preside the NDSA officers meetings.
- Call special meetings of the NDSA officers (if necessary).
- Maintain contact with the organizations faculty adviser and the SLIS department.
- Represent the organization to the University
- Set the long and short terms goals of the organization for the academic year.
- Assume the duties of the President if the latter is not present. Additionally, assume the position of President if that office becomes vacant until the next election.
- Maintain the financial records and transactions of the student group.
- Assist in leadership of the group and fulfill additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for the organization.
- Take minutes of meetings, special events, or presentations and create a blog post.
- Monitor e-mail account, answer questions, and respond to emails.
- Create RSVPs forms for events and confirm RSVPs.
- Coordinate proposals and subsequent correspondence regarding the colloquium or other events.
- Work closely with the marketing and events chairperson to coordinate events.
- Draft and send messages to the various SLIS listservs.
- Post updates to the Facebook/Twitter and monitor the accounts.
- Create blog posts on updates about the group or specific topics or events.
- Manage the dissemination of notices and invites for the colloquium and other events.
- Create flyers, promotional materials, etc. for group events.
- E-mail prospective members when names/contact information is gathered at orientations/events.
- Help to coordinate with guest speakers.
- Coordinate the “This Week in NDSA” blog posts.
We look forward to hearing from prospective Officers! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!