Hello everyone! A new term begins soon and with it, our first meeting for Fall!
The meeting will be held Saturday, September 13th, at 1:00PM EST, in the usual places: 3rd floor Kresge (Knock loudly, please!) and our virtual meeting space, https://connect.slis.wayne.edu/ndsa.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Officer Elections: We have vacancies for the Vice President and Secretary positions. Descriptions of each position can be found below. If you are interested, or have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us!
- Guest Speaker: Meg Anthony. Meg is a SLIS student who will be presenting on the work she completed as part of her Digital Content Management Practicum with the Henry Ford. If you are thinking of doing a practicum, see what another student was able to accomplish during hers. If you aren’t, or already finished yours, just stop by or tune in to see what’s happening at that fine institution!
- National Conference Coverage: Our faculty advisor and a few of our members presented work at the national conference this year. They’ll be giving us the lowdown on what they worked on over the summer, as well as insights and impressions from the conference.
As mentioned, the Secretary and Vice President positions are open and we will be electing new officers at the upcoming meeting. For reference, the duties/responsibilities of each opening position are:
- Assume the duties of the President if the latter is not present. Additionally, assume the position of President if that office becomes vacant and until the next election.
- Maintain the financial records and transactions of the student group.
- Assist in leadership of the group and fulfill additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for the organization.
- Take minutes of meetings, special events, or presentations and create a blog post.
- Monitor e-mail account, answer questions, and respond to e-mails.
- Create RSVPs forms for events and confirm RSVPs.
- Coordinate proposals and subsequent correspondence regarding the colloquium or other events.
- Works closely with the marketing and events chairperson to coordinate events.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail us if you’re interested in the meeting, our group, becoming an officer, or anything else! Hope to see you there!