Online: Adam Mosseri, Aubrey Maynard, Chris Bonadio, Courtney Whitmore, Dawn Cicero, Rachel Bussert, Tom Seim, Justine Tobiaz, and Laura Gentry
In Person: Kevin Barton, Camille Chidsey, Christina Hollowell, Devin Erlandson,and Kim Schroeder
We welcomed everyone to our first meeting and explained a little bit about WSU NDSA and our activities. Also, please let me know if you were in attendance, or if I forgot you or misspelled your name.
Here is the recording of the meeting: https://connect.slis.wayne.edu/p3zwxuw7b0z/
What is WSU NDSA?
- First student chapter of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance
- The NDSA Mission
The mission of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance is to establish, maintain, and advance the capacity to preserve our nation’s digital resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
- Our Mission
We strive to build local and regional digital preservation awareness, and seek to build our knowledge base and technical skills in digital content management.
Things We Do:
- Hands-on learning (Fedora and DSpace digital projects)
- Tour local cultural institutions (DIA, Henry Ford, ISPCR, etc.)
- Network and learn from digital preservation practitioners
- Converge and Ingest Colloquium
- Attend and present at national conferences
How to Get Involved:
- Check out our projects and comment on the blog, Twitter, or Facebook page.
- Attend our meetings online or in person.
- Take part in an event.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us at https://www.facebook.com/wsustudentndsa
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSUNDSA
Election of Officers:
Congratulations to our new and returning officers!
- President: Adam Mosseri
- Vice-President: Aubrey Maynard
- Secretary: Laura Gentry
- Marketing and Events: Courtney Whitmore and Christina Hollowell
- Research: Margaret Diaz and Lura Smith
- Digital Liaison: Kevin Barton
Upcoming Events and Activities:
- University of Michigan’s Bentley Archives for a presentation on web archiving
- September 26th from 3-5 p.m. EST
- RSVP to email@example.com
- Digital Forensics presentation for our October meeting on October 26th
- Finishing up Fedora and DSpace work
- Possible web archiving projects for next semester