Our monthly meeting is this Saturday. If you’re attending in person, we’ll be in the third floor conference room. There’s a slight chance we may have to change rooms. Check facebook or at the Purdy-Kresge Reference Desk Saturday before the meeting for any last minute changes.
If you’re attending online, here’s the link:
Permanent Link to attend online: https://connect.slis.wayne.edu/ndsa
We’ll be covering:
- Recap of VRA/ARLIS Summer Educational Institute for Visual Imaging – Copyright law, metadata for images, Adobe Bridge and Lightroom
- Recap of our video and poster presentations at the NDIIPP/NDSA Partners Meeting, DigitalPreservation 2012, highlights of what we learned there, and progress on the Kickstarter to raise money for making our complete trio of PSA’s on digital preservation
- Planning for Fall Colloquium on Digital Preservation – We’ll determine what research/project we will present as a group, finalize the date and format (guest speakers?, panels?, lightning poster presentations?), and who will be invited. We’ll also break out some tasks to complete before we get too busy with fall classes.
- Officer elections for 2012/2013 school year
Please come to the meeting with the following in mind for the colloquium:
- How do you want to be involved in the colloquium? Planning? Outreach? Research? Presenting?
- What two topics are you most interested in hearing about?
- Suggest one or two people you’d like to hear speak/be on a panel.
We’re looking forward to “seeing” everybody!